SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kkoepp31

12'11 x 12'3 Kitchen Remodel Layout

kkoepp31
5 years ago

Getting ready to replace the builders grade cabinets that came with the house and I've attached a picture showing the current layout, plus another with what I'd really like to do. The kitchen works OK the way it's currently laid out but I think we can make things a but more efficient. For instance the small counter between the range and refrigerator is basically useless and then the space to the right of the refrigerator is a virtual black hole because of the depth of the fridge. We'd love a walk in pantry that I think will create a much better storage option than the large pantry cabinet we currently have.

Moving the fridge would be great but I'm worried that it will be too tight to the island. The fridge is 36.25" deep to with the handles, 48.125" deep with the french doors open. The freezer I think pulls out even further and giving an inch clearance to the wall, with the freezer open would end up just a couple inches short of where the island currently is. I'm guessing this just won't work but looking for advice or some sort of layout I'm currently missing.

Losing the island is not an option. Currently it is just storage, but the plan was to have one end hold a drawer microwave, wine rack in the middle, then trash on the other end. The island would have to grow in length from what it currently is to accommodate this layout. Moving the microwave due to wanting a well functioning range hood, plus the aesthetics of it.

Any advice out there? I think we're right on the edge of having a big enough space to get what we want, but it's not quite there yet.

Thanks!

Comments (10)