SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20096495

Got the week off. Whatever shall I do?

User
5 years ago

Clean house. That's what I'm doing. As a matter of fact, I'm cleaning my oven as I speak. Gotta love self clean ovens. I'll just have to wipe it out tomorrow when it's completely cool. And the dishes are washed. I'll empty the dishwasher soon. :) I wish bathrooms self cleaned.........

I want to go through EVERYTHING and get rid of a lot of stuff we don't need or use. I just have too much 'stuff'. Not "hoarders" stuff just stuff. It clutters up the house and makes it feels smaller than it is. My house is tiny: 1000 sq ft. I'm tired of the nick-nacks and ornaments and dishes, pans, utensils I don't use or need. More clothes than fit in my dresser. I'm going through them and giving the stuff I don't wear to a second hand store. Most is like brand new as I bought an entire new wardrobe when I lost 50 pounds. Some things have only been worn once. Waste of $$. My craft room/office will be emptied into the hallway. I'll put things back one by one, after I decide "do I really need it anymore?"

I want to deep clean.

When I was single, my house was always spotless. I grew up in a spotless house. Dusting and vacuuming was a Saturday morning routine. I kept that up when I left home at 17. We are empty nesters and don't need half of what we've accumulated. I see magazine pictures of home where there is very little on shelves. And they look so clean and tidy and I miss that. It's hard to keep a house spotless when you have too much "stuff".

Tomorrow, the tv is staying off until I get at least one room done. I think I'll put my headphones on, put Spotify on my iPhone and listen to some good old classic rock and roll. Good music helps me clean house good. :)

So, while I'm taking the week off from work, I'm still working.

I did, however pick up a passport application for my husband: we want to go to Cuba! It will be the first real vacation we've taken. Just have to decide when. Probably in the fall. :)

Comments (11)