SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ccwatters

Favorite (updated) Double Ovens

ccwatters
5 years ago

What double-oven - current models please - do you all use and love?

Had a Thermador double oven for last 16 years and loved it! Had to replace because the computer was finally failing.

Did research and new Thermador was $7k. Went with a Dacor Heritage instead because it was as large inside, both ovens convection, looked right for my kitchen and appliance guy at a reputable showroom it was what he would purchase. Couldn't get much input from Houzz/Gardenweb so I bought it for $5300.

It arrived/was installed with the top door uneven against bottom door due to a bent hinge. The showroom got a replacement from Dacor, but as it stands, I have not had even one thing cook evenly in either oven, the temperature is completely unreliable when it supposed to be at a certain temp, and both oven lights went out within days of each other and I had only had it for 4 weeks.

Was holding off on taking the Dacor replacement oven until I heard back from Dacor themselves..but that was a week ago and so I'm not impressed. I'm sick of having to rotate food in order to attempt for even cooking...ridiculous.

Should I just pay the price Thermador is gouging customers with? Bosch is a great value (have one in a cottage) but it really looks bad in my kitchen and I don't love the settings.

Comments (8)