SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
psyohe

Update on America Range Hybrid French door double oven.

Peke
6 years ago

It took almost a year and three different ovens installed before we got a working oven. No repairmen would work on the oven due to its weight or their lack of knowledge.

Within 2 months, I figured out why the lower electric oven was burning everything on the top while the middle was uncooked. No matter which rack I used, cakes or bread or anything burned on the top, but wasn't completely cooked on the inside. Sometimes the bottom was burned too. Emails to A.R. started again, but I gave up after no response. So the electric oven came from the factory unusable in 2013.

Now it is 2017, and I am having trouble with the gas oven again. After the oven has ignited and has been on for a while, it starts making huffing or whooshing noises that continue for 5-25 minutes. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. I found a video on YouTube with the same issue. From 0:56 to the end of the video really shows the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4ygoiLDaBI

So I obviously gave up trying to get A.R. to fix the electric oven. Now since the gas oven is having problems and the electric oven burns everything because the top element doesn't shut off after it has preheated, I have no working oven. So now, I am back to finding a repairman again. I called A.R. today and they gave me the same companies that could not work on it the last time. I have kept all emails and names so I know who could not work on it the last time.

After 4 years, they are doing the same old thing. This is a $7,000.00 lesson to learn.

I am curious to know about any other A.R. owners updates. I also would like to know if they have heard the whooshing noises from their gas ovens and how they were fixed (which parts, etc.) and what was done about the electric ovens upper element and how they were fixed.

Thanks, Peke

Comment