SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
techno_mommy

Help me decide: Bosch double oven vs. KitchenAid oven/micro combo

techno_mommy
10 years ago

I'm leaning toward getting the Bosch 800 double oven. I've read several favorable reviews on Bosch ovens and the rebate is attractive because I have decided on the Bosch gas cooktop and dishwasher. My only hesitation is that I'm not sure where I'm going to put my microwave and I'm not wild about the look of the Bosch micro above the single oven.

I am planning to order a KitchenAid CD/FD fridge. The ovens will be directly next to the fridge on the right. I think the Bosch oven will look OK, even though the handles are not exactly the same. But, I'm also considering the KitchenAid oven with convect micro unit. This takes care of the esthetic issue of matching handles and solves the problem of where to put the microwave. With the convection option on the microwave (I think) I'm getting a smaller 2nd oven for when I need it. I've never used a convect microwave, so I'm also a little confused on how exactly that works.

Yet, I still hesitate to buy the KitchenAid. My brother had multiple issues with his KitchenAid oven and is cautioning me. In the forum, I've read that KitchenAid has a loud fan, where Bosch is quieter (in theory). I think Bosch also has a quicker preheat. I'm also concerned that since the KitchenAid is 1 unit, if something goes wrong in the microwave, I'm looking to replace the whole unit. I think microwaves typically have a shorter life than a wall oven. The KitchenAid is more expensive, too.

Please help. I'd hate to go with the KitchenAid for the look, then be disappointed in performance.

Comments (15)