SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucillle

Garden kneelers project

lucillle
5 years ago

When I was young I could get up off the floor without using my hands at all.

I have reached a point where it is difficult to get back to a standing position from sitting on the floor. I have to push up on a support. And between cleaning and various projects there is no way to avoid being on the floor sometimes.

So I bought two cheap green metal garden kneelers available everywhere on Ebay. (Some even come with a bonus fitted plastic storage pouch that hangs on the side). I also ordered one piece of foam pipe wrap (the kind that is in a 6 foot piece and slit on one side to place around the pipe) and cut it into pieces, wrapped the metal part of the kneeler that goes on the floor to protect from scratches, and wrapped the hand area for comfort. (one piece of foam wrap is enough for two kneelers). I also (since the foam kneeling piece is cheap and thin) used ratchet straps to put a pillow on top of the kneeling area.

I bought two, one for the kitchen and the other for everywhere else, it defeats the purpose if it is up on a closet shelf and not handy where I would actually use it. Now when I start a floor cleaning project or something similar I have a cushy kneeler for when I'm on the floor and a comfortable way to push myself back up into a standing position.

Comments (18)