SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_23832246943

Living room paint color for bohemian/global theme

HU-23832246943
5 years ago
My living room is grey and drab (see photos 1 and 2), and I want to brighten it up with some color. My decor style is global/bohemian (see photos 3 and 4). The living room connects via French doors to a bright yellow sitting room (Valspar “Golden Butter”) and via large doorframe to the also drab and grey dining room.

The sitting room surprised me when I painted it because the paint is not all that bold of a yellow, but when the sun shines through that side of the house, the room really lights up and looks beautiful.

The living room, on the other hand, does not really light up. The east-facing window behind the couch has a tree and a two-story house blocking it. And the two south-facing windows next to the front door give view to the covered porch, which prevents sunlight from shining too far into the room. Those shades are often closed for privacy as well.

I really love my yellow room and would like to incorporate another fun color into the living room, such as an orange or terra cotta color, to complement my eclectic “theme”. Do you have any color or shade suggestions? Tips for choosing a color? Would you do any accent walls?

(By the way, the honey oak trim stays.)

I will post below with some paint examples that have caught my eye.

Comments (19)