SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
graceshan_gw

color theme for living/kitchen/family all connected (pics)

graceshan
12 years ago

I'm trying to choose paint colors for the whole interior right now and between sleep deprivation (newborn) and work, I'm having a hard time of it and could use some input!

The living/kitchen/family rooms are all connected and separated by arches:

In the photo, the living room is in the foreground, kitchen in middle and family room in the back:

For the family room, the fireplace (with the 3 windows above) will be all pebbles on the hearth and face/sides. For the living room, the fireplace will be more traditional with wood sides and mantle with beachy sea glass tile surround.

The kitchen will have a glass backsplash. Here are my tile samples of all 3 of those (pebbles, sea glass, glass tile):

So I'm trying to decide what color scheme to use. All my cabinets and trim are white (like BM White Dove). Cabinets and built-ins are all shaker style. Here are some colors I've picked out that I like:

I love color and want to do a blue/green/grey or something like that in the master bath, guest room, and maybe master room. For the main house areas I was thinking about a creamy color with a very subtle hint of yellow. I don't want to overdo it with too much color and not have my tiles stand out. But I can use as many paint colors as I want (for the same price as all a single paint color) so I don't want to miss out on this opportunity to get the rooms painted before we move in.

Do you think keeping a creamy color for the living/kitchen/family will be the best to bring out the colors of the fireplace and backsplash tiles? If so, which creamy color?

Or would a grey, blue, or greenish be better to highlight the tiles? Any ideas?? I'm planning to decorate around these tiles/paint colors and my theme is Coastal Craftsman. Here is a link to my cabinets Pinterest page to get a further idea of my decorating style. I also have a home building board there too.

Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated!! Thank you so much :)

Here is a link that might be useful: My Pinterest Boards

Comments (10)