SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovemy2ladybugs

Living in a fish bowl...I need window treatment help!

lovemy2ladybugs
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I have windows that span the front of my home - Dining room, living room, and master bedroom. All sets have window seats (running approximately 123”) below them that I am going to be covering with cushion / fabric / pillows - All windows are 35” wide by approximately 65 long. The problem that I am running into is that prior to me purchasing this home 2 months ago, the original owner replaced all the windows and only left 1/2” depth allowance which I cannot find internal treatments to be mounted within. (There are currently some very small blinds hanging in the bedroom but the hardware really sticks out) I am not a big fan of outside mount as I love to see the trim exposed - I do love to use long curtains as a focal point - but I do realize with that option I will be drawing them open and closed daily. If I go with long drapes should I match the cushions on the window seat....or should I do something contrasting or even neutral that is consistent on all three sets of windows. I am having the same issue with shallow depth in my kitchen bay window (middle section has a 1” depth - outer windows 1/2”). I would love to get any suggestions you may have!! Thanks!

Comments (5)