SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
two25acres

Making a career change at 57, going on 58.

5 years ago

I've been in the insurance business for 20 plus years. Really bored with it and need a new challenge. I'm thinking medical coding. Looks challenging and its in the medical field. The agent I'm working for is retiring this year. He will sell his book of business, could go quickly or may take months to sell, either way I will need to find something. I am hoping to find something I can do from home in the interim, I will need to do some schooling and at minimum become certified. Our state doesn't require it nor does the bordering state but looks better when your trying to get a job in the field, atleast that is my understanding. Anybody out there that does medical coding? It was a toss up between billing or coding and my research leads me to coding. I love a challenge, the idea of researching a diagnosis to apply a code to it, appeals to me. Am I crazy for wanting to make a change? Hubby supports my decision. He also made a career change, his at 64. Got out of the insurance business and is driving motorcoach buses now.

Comments (14)