Not so helpful USPS tracking.
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (20)
Related Discussions
USPS Shipping Assistant, free software
Comments (0)I recommend all traders download this program from the post office. Here is the link to the page: USPS Shipping Assistant Page Here are the reasons: It has a built in address book and as soon as you get the address of your trading partner you can enter it in the address book by using copy and paste. Then save it and when you are ready to send your end of the trade all you need to enter is the weight of the package and by trying the different options you can see which method will be the cheapest and fastest. This software calculates the postage for you, but there is no option to pay for the postage online. You will have to pay the postage the old fashioned way unless you send everything Priority and use the USPS's Click n'Ship online. When you are ready to ship your end you can print the label on your computer's printer and it will have a barcode on it which EXPEDITES your package. The software will calculate your costs and delivery confirmation is included at the .14 cent online rate instead of the .45 you pay at the post office. To make your life even more simple, by being online you can easily schedule a pick-up of your packages from your postal carrier if at least ONE of them is Priority Mail. It is a good idea to stock up on all denominations of stamps by either ordering them online from the USPS or by buying them at the post office. If none of your packages is going by Priority you can still hand them to your carrier or put them in your mailbox to be picked up just like a letter. Warning: I would not take my packages again into the post office to mail as they will weight them and charge you for them WITHOUT the delivery confirmation or CHARGE you extra for the delivery confirmation. It can cause the postal clerks to get all flustered because they may not be used to this. This is caused by a glitch in the USPS. They developed the software without an option to remove DC. The USPS representive I talked to about it said to just pay for it as if it didn't have DC. HOWEVER, it is tracked by the PO as if it HAS the delivery confirmation, so I prefer to pay for what I get even if the PO can't understand or require it which is why I recommend putting your own stamps on or just giving a check to your postal carrier with the packages. NOTE: If you have many packages coming and going it is a good idea to have a good relationship with your mailman/woman. In my case, I live way out in the boonies and do not get into town often so our mail carrier is an important link in life. Back to the software, there is even an option that lets you know exactly the day and minute your package was delivered to your trader. One more thing: Every trader should make a modest investment in a postal scale. If you sign up at stamps.com they will send you one as a free gift for trying them out. You can also get a good deal on an inexpensive digital scale at eBay. Here is a link that might be useful: USPS Shipping Assistant...See Morei hate the usps...
Comments (13)cath: we are 1 1/2 hrs from Atlanta so I could theoretically go over there. I am going to call them Monday AM and see what is what. There is a very good interview on the internet with the director of the facility and states how hard they all work to get things back to people. We will see...it would have made so much more sense to just scoop them all up in MD and mail them back to me or on to DS1...they obvioously had them and the box right there...dumb for sure. ded: our local postal workers and carrier are really really nice...I was upset last night so vented. In reality everyone has been great except the idiots in MD. I don't know why they have made this so much harder than it ever had to be. If I could get my hands on Mr Arner's neck...he is the director of the MD facility. I reported him to the Postmaster General's office with the form on line....maybe that is why my books are now gone :( Will keep you up to date...note I didn't say posted LOL. c...See MoreUSPS- Sunday Delivery?
Comments (10)Here in the outback of North Dakota I've had UPS actually leave packages inside the house, especially during bad weather and winter. They come in the side gate and mudroom door - visually the most logical entry from the driveway - and set them on top of the dryer. While the main floor bath was being rebuilt I had to shower in the basement. One day, mid-morning, I'm coming up the stairs to the mudroom/bedroom landing, all my past-middle-age plumpness wrapped in a b-i-g towel, grey hair standing on end, and dripping water everywhere. I step in the landing a split second before the UPS dude steps in the door. He sets two large boxes on the dryer, booms a "Good Morning!" and steps back outside as though shower-side deliveries are the most normal part of the day. While I was not upset - years in the military and often living in co-ed dorms or barracks with central showers quickly squelched any sqimishness I may have once had - I did start locking that door anytime I was downstairs. If I'm expecting packages now I leave a large trash bag on the porch. UPS folks will put the box in the bag and all is weather safe, secure, and non-shocking (for everyone involved, LOL). We don't have mailboxes at our homes here. The post office will not deliver any mail or letters to any street address. Every one in town has to have a P.O. Box. What gripes me is that even though there is no to-the-door mail delivery, we still have to pay rent for the post office box....See MoreWARNING to mail order customers: the USPS has gone off its rocker!
Comments (2)Have had a similar experience. The post office told me the same thing too. They dont have assigned drivers to my area, so they have different temporary drivers come by. They have been either dropping off my package at the wrong house and delivery mail in the wrong mailboxes. I have got to meet new neighbors and make friends in the neighborhood, cause we keep on have to return / pick up mail from each other. The only plus point or that could be negative...but our neighbors are nice. Cooks....See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

HOUZZ PRODUCT NEWS2 Things That Can Help Keep a Remodeling Project on Track
How you react to a problem can make or break a project. Being nimble and creative can ensure a positive outcome
Full Story
GARDENING AND LANDSCAPINGBe a Citizen Scientist to Help Wildlife, Learn and Have Fun Too
Track butterflies, study birds, capture stars ... when you aid monitoring efforts, you’re lending Mother Nature a hand
Full Story
SHELTERING AT HOMEHow to Keep Your Home Project on Track
Take care of the prep work now so you can move quickly on your remodel when restrictions ease
Full Story
HOME OFFICESOnline Tools Help Paperless Plunge
Pay bills, catch up on reading and keep track of schedules and dates with these terrific online tools
Full Story
DECLUTTERINGDownsizing Help: How to Get Rid of Your Extra Stuff
Sell, consign, donate? We walk you through the options so you can sail through scaling down
Full Story
HOUZZ PRODUCT NEWSHow Houzz Pro Helps Remodelers Turn More Leads Into Jobs
Effectively track, manage and communicate with leads to keep your pipeline active and land more projects
Full Story0

HOUZZ PRODUCT NEWSHow Houzz Pro Helps Designers Follow Up With Project Leads
Effectively track, manage and communicate with potential clients to keep your pipeline active and land more projects
Full Story0

DECLUTTERINGDownsizing Help: How to Edit Your Belongings
Learn what to take and what to toss if you're moving to a smaller home
Full Story
KIDS’ SPACESMy Houzz: A Shared Boys’ Bedroom That’s Right on Track
This room has fun and functional souped-up style for two car-obsessed brothers in San Francisco
Full Story
ORGANIZING7 Habits to Help a Tidy Closet Stay That Way
Cut the closet clutter for a lifetime — and save money too — by learning how to bring home only clothes you love and need
Full Story
arkansas girl