SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19722038

Another rant on treatment by professional's staff...

User
5 years ago

This story is similar to the one recently about the cosmetic surgeon's staff. I went to pick up my new partial denture today. Several visits in the making, and I realized there might be some more to do adjustments (I already have a lower set from years back.) So I thought maybe I'd take a pack of non-stick gum with me thinking that a few chews on that would locate any problem areas. So after the Dentist (he kept popping in and out through the whole thing) did some initial adjustments I mentioned to the assistant about the gum. She said "oh, that won't work, you need to wear them and chew with them for a few meals to see if there is a problem." So the Dr. comes back in and it appeared that there was no more pinching in the area he had worked on and they let me go. So as soon as I chewed some food with a little bit of texture in it I felt the pinch again. So I then tried the gum, same thing. Why is it that patients are never listened to? He could have done a little more adjustment while I was there today and I might have been done with all this, but no - now I have to go back once again and I couldn't get an appointment until the 26th, of course since it's Christmas. OK, now I feel better.

Comments (6)