SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
onewheeler

Help filling a claim for destroyed garden.

onewheeler
5 years ago

In November I was having water pipes laid to my house. My town is getting town water, we always had private wells. Anyway, in the process of having the pipes laid the storm drains under my lawn erupted, for lack of a better word. the mess it caused was devastating to my front gardens. Everything was flooded, the trench for the pipes caved in. My front garden is now a pile of muck, or most of it. I need to make a claim with the government for the damage but have no idea how to begin, I have made several phone calls, written letters and posted on FB and I am still at a loss as how to claim plants that were mature and well established. I have lived here 11 years and planted everyone of those plants myself. I worked hard, overtime, long hours to afford to buy those plants and now they are destroyed, a lot of them cannot be replaced. Roses I got from Pickering were lost. Perennials that I searched high and low for were lost. I am asking what you would do if this happened to you, how much more would you claim your plant was worth full grown instead of first year plants. the area is about 20 feet long and 10 feet wide. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Valerie

Comments (35)