SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_35873677

Giving...and receiving...and having to ask.

User
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

When I was young I was taught the importance of receiving graciously. I admit to often failing at that (poor self-esteem). But I do consciously try :-/

One of the things I do at Christmas is to visit a blog called The Bloggess where Jenny Lawson does a thing to help those who are in need. (Yes, that is a shameless plug--but don't read further if that offends you---I'm just hoping that someone will head on over there before this post is removed).

All I do is pick an Amazon list and buy off it. No problem for me at all (and I am aware that scammers and liars exist...but I take that chance just in case) and the thought that a child has something to open on Christmas morning when otherwise they might not, is something that my depressed soul really needs.

However, I rarely think about how difficult it is to really ask. It must be crushing...and at a time when you really really need to feel heroic. Maybe this is me asking anyone out there who might like to take a peek. Even saying that is difficult :( though not nearly to the extent that these parents might feel.

I would link, but I would like to have this post up on the offchance that just one person wants to take a look.

I am aware that this probably will cause negative comments...I'm okay with that. I'm sorry to offend or to break any rules and I know that you all do what you can in other areas, too. If you choose to wander over there...it's a post called the James Garfield Christmas Miracle...the action is going on in the "comments" section...

I am asking kindly that if you feel that I (or anyone who helps) is foolish for thinking the best of people, then please don't comment. Some of us need to have hope.

I wish you all the very best of holidays.

Comments (8)