SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amj0517

Making holiday cards with 3rd grader

amj0517
5 years ago

Note: I’m trying to post this on Home Decorating Conversations, but do not see that as an option where it asks me to select up to 3 topics. If this posts all over the place, I apologize. If anyone can tell me how to just post on one forum I would greatly appreciate it!

I’m making holiday cards with my son’s third grade class. These cards will be going in “blessing bags” of toiltries that they are assembling. Ultimately, they will be distributed at a homeless shelter.

I talked with a few kids about what is planned and I think - no, I KNOW that I need to come up with a list of phrases that they can write in the cards. The phrases some kids suggested, although well-meaning, are probably not the best for a holiday card (for example, “I’m sorry you don’t have a house”, “Merry Christmas! I hope you get a job”, etc.). You get the picture.

Please help me come up with a list. I’d like some phrases to be “holiday neutral”.

I‘ll include the basics so they can verify spelling, but I’d like to give them ideas for something more meaningful too:

Merry Christmas

Happy Holidays

Wishing you a Happy New Year

Peace and joy this holiday season

What else?

Thanks!

Comments (2)