SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kayla_martin46

Need plumbing help/advice

A B
5 years ago
We bought our house 6 months ago. It was a new construction. About two months ago I started noticing a horrible musty kind of rotten smell that comes in waves throughout the day. Like mold mixed with a dirty cat litter box. It’s like nothing I’ve ever smelled before and it would fill the whole living room, dining room, kitchen. Over time it’s started to spread to the upstairs of the house and I’ve noticed it’s coming from the sink pipes throughout the house and it’s coming out of our air vents. If I turn on every sink and shower for a few minutes the smell goes away.
I’ve also noticed after showering upstairs, the downstairs will have that smell until I run the water downstairs. Same for upstairs if I run the kitchen sink or do a load of laundry downstairs.

We have our 6 month post closing walk-thru with our builders coming up. I know nothing about plumbing or what could even be causing this. Could anyone give me some requests of things for them to check to see if it’s something construction related that could be causing this?

Comments (5)