SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Festive Floof: The lights

amylou321
5 years ago

Do you prefer multi colored Christmas lights or white/clear ones? Not necessarily to decorate with, if you don't decorate, but to see? More and more people seem to be going with the all white lights look. I really prefer the colored lights. I just think the white ones are boring. I know some people think that they are elegant....and that's fine.......But not me. Then again, anyone who knows me or has seen my Christmas display knows that i don't exactly go for understated elegance in anything i do, certainly not in the decor department. More than that, I like twinkling lights over regular, though as long as they are multi-colored, they are acceptable. The only white lights i have are giant snowflake lights, which made the cut only because they blink and twinkle and flash and sparkle, and because they are giant snowflake lights and therefore AWESOME!!!!!! I like lights that are in shapes like that: snowflakes, candy canes, giant Christmas light bulbs, anything like that.

I also prefer the older lights as opposed to all the new led lights out now. The colors are a little off to me. The exception to that is the bright purple led net lights i put on the ceiling of my office for Halloween, because they have an eerie black light effect. That being said, i do have some led lights with covers that make them LOOK like the old fashioned bubble lights that i love, so maybe i lied. But for regular lights, as in strings, nets, icicle lights, stuff like that, i prefer the older version.

Do you have a preference? I LOVE all decorations, but my preference is multi colored, tacky, loud, festive and fun.

Comments (24)