SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_1288772

Sayings - Do you collect them?

User
5 years ago

I know when I really like a book or other writings because I always find at least one phrase or sentence that touches me enough that I add it to my list of sayings. Do you do something like this and would you share some of them? Here are some of mine:

For the first time in weeks the night was clear, and our breath made pale dragons in the still air. Vianne Rocher - Chocolat

It is difficult to admit one is wrong. Particularly when one has been wrong for a very long time. A Man Called Ove

The days had become a confusion of catastrophes. Lev Beniov City of Thieves

There’s no sense in being haunted by good intentions. Blood Work by Michael Connelly

Until we extend the circle of our compassion to ALL living beings, humankind will not find peace.” –Dr. Albert Schweitzer, 1952 Nobel Peace Prize

He feels like she’s the smallest little plant, dying from lack of water. The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg

And they flew like prayers through the sky. (Zod’s dream in The Last Days of Cafe Leila)

May it be your last sorrow, may his soul be joyous. (Persian saying upon death. The Last Days of Cafe Leila)

Comments (17)