SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scholarstica_kariuki

Help me convert formal dining room to guest/lounge room

Shirokirio
5 years ago

I need help converting the formal dining room into a guest room. The room initially was my son's play and therapy room hence the colors. Right now it's mainly empty except when my brother is visiting and we throw an air mattress on the floor. I rarely have overnight guests and prefer not to lose the natural sunlight so I'd rather not close it off with doors. The room opens up to the entry way and the kitchen. The air mattress has seen better years and keeps deflating, plus it looks tacky during the day.

I saw this tan twin trundle bed on Amazon and am debating pulling the plug. This was the room can be a lounge area when not being used as a bedroom. Ideally I would have loved a Murphy bed but it's out of my budget ($1K max). I also would like help picking out decor to make the room flow so I am attaching pictures of the living room which opens up to the entry way as well. I know my living room needs some more color coordination but I'd like to work with what I have for now. I'm open to changing paint colors.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (33)