SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luigi_lake

Is my echeveria overwatered or underwatered (on gritty mix)?

L Lake
5 years ago

A few weeks ago, I set up a small succulent garden using Bonsai Jack Gritty Mix, which seems to follow the gritty mix 1:1:1 formula quite accurately. It's my first time using the gritty mix, so I'm unfamiliar with the watering frequency required by it.

In this succulent garden, I have a number of Purple Perle Echeverias, Senecio Haworthiis, and a Echeveria Afterglow, which is the centerpiece of the arrangement. Recently, I've noticed that the Afterglow started to get a little wrinkled, and the leaves seem thinner and less rigid as previously, though there seems to be some healthy growth in the middle.

Can anyone tell (based on the photos below), if it's being overwatered or underwatered? The other succulents seem to be doing fine though there are a bit of wrinkly leaves in the Senecio Haworthiis. I'm somewhat speculative that these wrinkly leaves may be because these plants were mailed to me here in Boston 4 weeks ago, so some of the leaves got damaged in the cold. But that was almost a month ago, so I'm not so sure.

Here are some photos of said leaves:

Comments (10)