SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_157067311

Kitchen layout critique

HU-157067311
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Please help me improve the layout of my kitchen 11'x16', we are trying cram a lot in, have an effiecient work area, and not feel boxed in. Im installing a dual kitchen, the larger side will be used for meat, the smaller side will be used for dairy, and a counter between would be used for both. So in terms of design i think of designing 1 1/2 kitchens with two overlapping work triangles. On the meat side i have a 30" range, above range microwave, single sink, and 24" dishwasher, and storage for a full set of dishes, pots, pans, etc. On the dairy i have a single sink, 18" dishwasher, 12" cooktop, 24" over range microwave, and storage for a full set of dishes, pots, pans, silverware, etc. In the center both sides would share 36" fridge, 24" reach in pantry, 30"H x 36" wide peninsula for baking with trash/recycling cans below. And i want a breakfast nook in the kitchen, so i drew in a 48x66 breakfast booth. I want to have one doorway closer to the front door, and one near the dinning room. Note there is a 2x2' shaft next to the fridge indicated my the X, which we have to work around. Also across the hall right out side the kitchen, i have a 6'x6' walk in pantry. Is this too big? My husband likes to buy in bulk, but if it were smaller (like hust a 2'x6' closet, or something in between) then the living room would be more open and feel larger.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH