SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
feens81

kitchen layout critique

feens81
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Trying to sort out the last details of a kitchen layout for our first house. The windows limit upper wall space so the fridge/cooktop are limited in where they can go as well.

My biggest question right now is the prep sink...but I'm not sure where else it could really go, and the plumbing is already there as it's where the original sink currently is.

I am the more avid cook, and my wife likes to bake, but we often both cook and we host often, so I've designed it with that in mind.

- building it for 2 cooks (I enjoy cooking more, my wife enjoys baking and we often cook together)

- Current layout is based on prep, cooking, baking, cleaning zones

- the spot where the cooktop is will actually be a 36" cooktop w/30" built-in-oven (because there aren't any 36" ranges in our price range that I like). Planning on using a 36" hood below the cupboards.

- the prep sink will actually go in a 21" cabinet and the 2nd hutch/pantry to the right will be 18" wide (just like the one beside the fridge)...Ikea's planner doesn't let me use a 21" cabinet with a sink

- microwave will go in an open shelf above the corner cabinet, as I don't have any base cabinet space to give up for it

Thanks!

Comments (47)