SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robertgoulet

how do you pick a brand for kitchen appliances?

robertgoulet
5 years ago

For our kitchen remodel we are likely going with a pro style range from wolf or bluestar or similar because I love to cook...but we dont think there is any reason to buy similarly expensive other appliances....so we will probably look to get a dishwasher, microwave (built-in) and fridge from one (different) manufacturer.

I dont think there are any earth shattering features any of these appliances can have or not have...so its really about picking the most reliable brand with a reasonable assortment of features. But how do I pick the best brand? I find absolutely no consistency between individual comments on forums like these, information I find when researching online, consumer reports, and what salespeople say....so im just curious how anyone picks a brand.

At this point I am tempted to just go bosch because their dishwashers are supposed to be great, how can you screw up a microwave....and what possible feature would I need in a fridge to steer me elsewhere? Also they are apparently made in the US now (dishwashers anyway) and according to at least some people on the internet, they have a great support/service network.

Curious how other shave approached this...

Comments (11)