Speaking of dogs, how often do you bath yours?
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (50)
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Discussions
How often do you turn your compost pile?
Comments (42)I moved into my house last year. So have making a pile of boxes, as we slowly unpack and get settled. The recycle bin is always full so I couldn't figure out how to get rid of them. In addition we have 6 people, 4 dogs, and 2 cats living here so the waste bin is also always full, and with a ever growing pile next to it. This year the spring rain hit, and within 2 days we had weeds up to our knees. To say the least the green waste bin couldn't handle the load, so last week we started our first compost heap. Until yesterday it was only a pile of green weeds and roots, and I turned it every time I added more. I didn't know about the brown waste, and thought I still had to put the cardboard in the recycle. :) Well now that I know its 2 brown : 1 green, I'm glad I have so much card board, and junk mail. ;) Yesterday I didn't know about layering, so I turned the brown with the green. I don't have a shredder so this was difficult. In 24 hours I've learned so much about it. Now I have a 3'x3'x2' heap with the original green waste on the bottom, and lots of brown on top, I also just been throwing my kitchen waste in it, no meat or bones, but just about everything else. I also found a bag of rotting chicken feed, a stack of soaked egg crates and a bin of mealworms and beetles from a failed project to raise mealworms and crickets from last year. lol. In storage I had an old thick and really heavy area rug that my mother once loved, but is now so stained that I had no trepidations on using it to cover my pile. We still have 2/3 of the weeds to go, and at least 2x that mass of boxes from the move. So by the end of this week my heap will probably be about 4'x4'x'4, if not larger, luckily the area I have for it is 7'x7'. The funny thing is our yard is very small, so I only have room for the one pile, and I'm planning on going hot, mostly because I understand and trust the bacterial process better for it than the cold. So I mostly expect to turn it whenever it gets cold. Even better though and maybe even a little saddening is that I'm actually excited to have a way to dispose of all of our waste, that the city's bins just couldn't handle. Ok done with my book....See MoreHow often do you speak with the builder/contractor?
Comments (8)I would just ignore the attitude and stay true to your current habits. You are doing everything and more that a builder could expect from a customer. Remember, YOU are the one paying the money! He should be mindful that you are the paying customer, you have every right to call him with questions. If he wants to work in a service industry he should be mindful of his attitude. I am building with one of my husband's oldest friends. I talk to him almost daily and sometimes three times a day. Because of a personal relationship I am able to ask anything on my mind and I drive him crazy with frequent e-mails. He is happy to have our business though, and he knew ahead of time I would be this way. lol So we are good all around. Back to you though- Don't worry what he thinks about you! You pay your bills promptly, turn in your selections in advance, so he has nothing to complain about where you are concerned....See MoreHow often do you use your airbath or does the novelty wear off??
Comments (21)Hmmmm. My air tub is something I used almost every night! I love it, use it and never get tired of it. I find it quite easy with regard to maintenance as well (I also like bath oils to add to it which can leave a film on it). The nice thing is once I'm out, All I do is turn the hand held sprayer (at the edge of the tub deck) and using the hot water I quickly spray the perimeter of the tub for no more than 2 or 3 minutes and its spotless. It's always looks brand new - maybe because I use it every day or because I just run the hot sprayer over it as soon as I get out. It also has an automatic cleaner that blows the air "lines" clear so there is no water sitting around anywhere. It's an oceania 72" deep air tub. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!...See MoreHow often do you wash your hair? How about never?
Comments (54)I also really love the Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo, it's dirt cheap and doesn't harm my very delicate fine hair. I just stumbled upon it too. I had bought it for my husband and he didn't use it so I had this huge bottle and used it and was surprised at how well it did for my fine hair and plus, it doesn't make my scalp itch, that has become an issue for me. I also found a conditioner that I love, it's Martix Biolage, the detangling one. Finally, a conditioner that doesn't make my scalp itch AND actually takes the tangles out of my insanely tangle prone hair. I used to shampoo daily because I styled my hair every day. Now, I just put it in a ponytail and call it done. I wash my hair about every third day now. I'd be very afraid to put baking soda in my fragile hair...I'm sure it would destroy it. I once (ONE TIME) used Dr. Bronner's liquid Castile to wash my hair and it damaged it so badly that it had to grow out before it was normal again. UGH! I'm lucky that I have hair, don't get me wrong, but my hair is very weird! My scalp is also very oily...so I cannot go very long without washing. Three days is pushing it and I can only pull it off because I wear it in a ponytail. I also can't stand the smell of stinky hair...UGH! It gets stinky after a couple days. That's when I know it's time to wash!...See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

PETSSo You're Thinking About Getting a Dog
Prepare yourself for the realities of training, cost and the impact that lovable pooch might have on your house
Full Story
PETSHow to Help Your Dog Be a Good Neighbor
Good fences certainly help, but be sure to introduce your pup to the neighbors and check in from time to time
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES15 Ways to Make Your Home Speak Spanish
You won't need a translator to appreciate the beauty of Spanish-style ironwork, tile, architecture and more around the home
Full Story
MOST POPULAR8 Backyard Ideas to Delight Your Dog
Cue the joyous soundtrack. These pet-friendly landscape and garden ideas will keep your pooch safe, happy and well exercised outdoors
Full Story
THE POLITE HOUSEThe Polite House: When the Neighbor’s Dog Meets Your Landscape
How do you navigate those difficult conversations when you don’t want people’s dogs doing their business on your plants and lawn?
Full Story
PETSHouzz Call: Show Us Your Summer-Loving Dog!
Share a photo of your pooch kicking back in the backyard, helping you in the workshop or enjoying your favorite summer getaway
Full Story
PETSHow to Integrate a Dog Den Into Your Home Decor
See the ways people are making special spaces for their beloved pups with cozy built-in crates
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN2012 Color Trends: Using Red in Your Kitchen and Bath
Fiery hues bring high drama home
Full Story
COLORBathed in Color: When to Use Red in the Bath
Rev up your space and flatter all skin tones with bold, beautiful red on bathroom walls, floors and fixtures
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESHow to Remodel Your Relationship While Remodeling Your Home
A new Houzz survey shows how couples cope with stress and make tough choices during building and decorating projects
Full Story

sephia_wa