SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

How do you give your small dog a bath ?

toomuchglass
13 years ago

Here's my Poppy Girl ! She's a "cocker / mix" from the humane society . I've had her for 5 years now . I just gave her the most awful scissor cut - seems the cocker spaniel hair of her is growing out of control !

{{!gwi}}

For the last 2 weeks , she started scratching up a storm . I checked for fleas - nothing ... so I took her to the vet.

I got a substitute instead of my regular vet . I don't particular like her - but I thought this was an easy problem - so we saw her. She checked for fleas ... none. She gave me Benadryl for the itching - it's not making that much of a difference - except turning my dog into a zombie. ( I'm making another post about this ) She also sold me some shampoo to soothe dry, itchy skin. I want to try it to see if it gives her some relief.

Here's my situation . I've NEVER given Poppy a bath ! Never ! She's always been clean - her fur never smells - after being out in the rain - she comes in fluffy & soft.

I'm wondering how you bathe a 29 pound dog. In the bath tub ? My problem is - we don't have any way to hook up a hose to rinse her off. Do you think the outside hose water would be too cold ? I'm at a loss as how to do this. I need to have a good experience for her , since this is new to her . With the old fashioned fixtures in this house - I just can't buy a snap on hose. Any ideas? How would you do the rinsing ? Any suggestions would be appreciated .

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath