SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

Bank savings accounts rates

3katz4me
5 years ago

Just curious if you shop around for better interest rates or just let your liquid cash funds sit at your local bank. I've always had a local bank savings account but some finance friends advised me years ago that rates were better online. So I opened an ING account (now CapitalOne). I was talking to one of these friends again this summer and she told me how she shops around for the best rates and moves her money around - she is now retired so has a fair amount of cash. I put on my to-do list to look into my rates and other accounts' rates. I finally got around to this today and oh my goodness - probably should not have put this off.

As a LONG TIME customer of my local (national brand X) bank, with a bunch of money in a savings account, I'm getting .06% interest. We have some other $ in an account at the bank where my husband's business banks - .05%. I just set up some new accounts with 2% rate and moved most of it. What an idiot I've been being a loyal ripped off customer. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else might benefit.

Comments (17)