SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimandkev63

PAINT help! Frosty White Cabinets & BM Soft Chamois or pure white trim

Kim Donovan
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

So, my cabinets are a little more bright and cool than I anticipated. Still love them! They are on the perimeter white I have a stained quarter sewn oak island all with gray soapstone countertops. I had originally picked BM Baby Fawn on the walls (which includes the open family room and stone fireplace area) and BM Soft Chamois for trim. The painters start Monday and during the walk through today suggested I go to a more pure white such as Advance White (?) so the trim doesn't look off next to the cabinetry. It's near the cabinets at the kitchen window and a pantry that leads to the family room. Will the white of the cabinets make the trim look dirty and off? Or do you think when the soapstone goes in (also on Monday) that it will all work out.

Here's pics from today - the doors aren't on yet. The walls have one coat of the baby fawn. The trim you see is my old trim, which isn't far off from Soft Chamois. Sorry the lighting is still a mess and a work in process!

I love the warmth of the soft chamois...but not if it doesn't fit. The entire 1st floor will be painted with whichever trim I pick for these rooms.

Thoughts?

Comments (6)