SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gaby_buller

Help with white kitchen: cabinets, walls, trim in different whites?

Gaby Buller
3 years ago

We are remodeling our kitchen, and it is going to be predominately white. Here is what it looks like currently.

We will have cabinets in an L-shape along the wall to the left, and back wall. Uppers and hood along the left wall, with white subway tile to the ceiling, and just lowers along the back wall (with windows). The island will sit perpendicular to the view here, and will be a stained red oak wood (stain color TBD). I am going with a beautiful Bianco Rhino marble for all countertops and island.

I really want a warm feel to the room, not stark and sterile. I think that I am going to go with Benjamin Moore's White Dove for the perimeter cabinets. But, I have Sherwin Williams Extra White trim throughout the rest of my house. I think the SW Extra White is way too stark for the kitchen cabinets. I would also like the walls to be some shade of white (as pictured below).

So, here's my dilemma: Should I continue the Sherwin Williams Extra White trim into the kitchen? If I do, what color white should I paint the walls, that will coordinate with Benjamin Moore's White Dove kitchen cabinets? Can I do 3 different whites? I am nervous about trying to coordinate too many different whites.

Here is an inspiration picture that I really love:

Any advice would be very helpful. Thank you!

Comments (10)