SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
slooper2

Ficus Lyrata Bambino Lost All Leaves - Please Help!

slooper2
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I bought a fiddle leaf fig tree bambino less than 3 weeks ago, and it has been loosing leaves steadily since its first day at my home. It's been sitting by two windows facing north and west, with indirect sunlight coming through. There are no drafts near it, and the temperature is always around 65 degrees. I've been using a moisture meter regularly, waiting for the soil to dry before watering, I fertilized it, and finally, in a desperate attempt to stop the dropping of leaves, pruned its roots lightly before re-potting it to a terracotta pot last week, Unfortunately, none of this worked, and today, it has no good leaves left. Its leaves have been browning, starting from their central vein, and spreading to the other veins, until the leaf becomes crispy, then gets whitish spots at the base, goes from yellow to brown, and it finally drops from its branch. Can I reasonably expect it to sprout new leaves in the future, and continue to water the bare plant, or should I say good bye to it, and dispose of it? Thanks!

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996