SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_359325468

Need Your Honest Opinion About Different Floors in Adjoining Rooms

Hill Street Gang
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I thought this was the smart choice, but am now thinking maybe not. I have a rental condo where the large living room is Douglas Fir hardwood finished in a warm, honey tone. I just redid the large eat-in kitchen with luxury vinyl plank in a dark grainy taupe. There was old linoleum in the kitchen before and subfloor underneath.

The kitchen is next to the living room. There is a four foot opening between the two rooms. The dark taupe vinyl and the warm honey hardwood look mismatched. Am afraid potential renters will be put off. I am keeping the hardwood for certain!

Am looking for honest feedback. You won't hurt my feelings if you say I should tear out the new vinyl planks in the kitchen floor and replace it. I was thinking Armstrong sheet vinyl instead of planks as they all have wood grain. I have attached a pic of the hardwood floor and then a pic of the dark taupe grainy vinyl plank.

If you think I should replace, what color family of vinyl should I replace it with? I have white cabinets painted in BM Super White, stainless appliances, chrome and glass hanging ceiling lights, and the room is painted in BM Chantilly Lace semi-gloss. The kitchen doesn't get much sun so am hoping to keep things bright and light. Thanks for any help!!

Comments (13)