SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tangerinedoor

I've been trying to choose formica color for 9 months...HELP!

tangerinedoor
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Yeppers, you can help me out of my nightly nightmare anxiety-attack. Choosing a formica countertop for my kitchen has been harder than buying a building lot, designing a bathroom, or shoe-horning 2 legit bedrooms into a 700 sq ft house. Maybe all rolled into one.

The photos I have are from the model, not my house, which—natch—hasn't been built yet owing in part to my dilatoriness in formica selection.

Some details that are insignificant compared with the daunting task of formica choice (though they may facilitate much wished-for and helpful advice).

-The butcher block countertop in this kitchen will be formica in mine. The kitchen design is pretty much the same. The cabinets are just like that, white and not fussy.

-The walls are BM OC-146, Linen White.

-The floors are a "natural bamboo" laminate.

-The formica color options, are, in fact, genuine formica, as in laminate. See colors here: http://www.formica.com/en/us/products/formica-laminate-home#swatchesTab

-I have no wish to reproduce my 96 year-old mother's taste, namely a 50's looking pattern. Nor do I like gaudy, busy, shiny, bling-y or marble-y. Matte is what I'm after. Quirk would suit me just fine and dandy. I'd like to get this little home an industrial-y or mid-century modern-ish look.

Please put me out of my misery so I can get this house built!

Comments (47)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville