SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
evolved_gw

Trying to Decide which Magnolia Trees to Choose

Evolved
10 years ago

We recently graded our back yard and put in flower beds surrounding the perimeter and planted arborvitae for privacy (pics to come). The rear flower bed has about 8' to 9' of free space and I've decided to put in a few different Magnolia trees. I'm only looking to plan trees which stay within the 10' to 15' range and currently planted a few Alexandrina Magnolias, one in each corner. Would like to get three more and plant them 15' apart in hopes that later down the road they'll grow together making a spectacular display in the spring. Anyway, I'm currently thinking of going with the Becky, Marilyn and Ann, but as I've been reading and searching the web I'm reading the Jane and Susan are also good choices. I really like the pink, red and purple blooms, so trying to stay in that color scheme. What are your thoughs as to what would be the best looking? I'm also open to other varieties of Magnolias. I also, have concerns with late frost, for we're up on a small hill/mountain within the city, so late blooming trees would be preferred.

Thanks for your input!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!