SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_35873677

Good thoughts to havingfun...

User
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Our own dear, sweet, havingfun is having some health difficulties at this time. Sometimes, truly cra**y things happen to the nicest people. I hate the unfairness of life...

Havingfun, my thoughts are with you daily and I'm literally willing improvement for you. Be strong.

(((((havingfun)))))

Comments (86)

• czarinalex
    5 years ago

Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery to you!

• IdaClaire
    5 years ago

Sending you love and prayers.

• Related Discussions

April's finds thread

Q

Comments (338)
    .okay so big troubles with uploading, I'm going to stop here espcially as I'm not sure you're even interested. But we were impressed so I wanted to share. Now, the dolls, most of them, were available for sale..and it was last day of the exhibition..and as I didn't have present for DH on time I told im he'd pick whatever he likes on our trip..and we started conversation with one artist, who had a flight back to her home country in 40 min, and got really involved..in short now we're proud owners of two dolls(for the price of one. lol)) and it's my own personal victory over myself because one is espesially scary and comes with a fairy-tale to match, and the artist said I'm the only person who was willingly looking to hear the fairy tale to its very end lol..and you know, I feel quite comfortable with them in the house..to my own big surprize. Even though a little stupid..)) When kids came for a short vacation, and saw the dolls, my son remarked sceptically that our house starts reminding more and more the one in "Coraline"...
    ...See More

Some good thoughts today please!

Q

Comments (53)
    I feel like I have the worst sinus infection in history! I thought that once I could blow my nose it would be fine. Not yet. Hopefully soon. Thank you so much for all of the good wishes.
    ...See More

Hmm... thoughts? Is this post ‘look good’?

Q

Comments (8)
    I think this his finished product. Seems chinsy to me. He said it will look good once it’s painted. Perhaps he had some pieces of cedar around and wanted to use them up. 😣
    ...See More

My family needs your good thoughts this week please.

Q

Comments (75)
    I am so glad this step is behind him. Now for a good recovery. Keeping you and your family in my prayers, Outside.
    ...See More
  • User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Agree with you, havingfun. We should all remember to enjoy. I strongly believe in the power of laughter. When your "sense of humor" is somehow impaired (or is elusive for whatever reason), or even if you get too busy, or if you forget how to find that which makes you smile, you really need to literally find a thing or things that brings joy. It's as vital as sunshine, in my opinion. And it's free.

There's youtube and puppies and children and...whatever you can get. Be greedy.

• havingfun
    5 years ago

I don't knwo if any watch the durells of corfu, but april i think there was a statement that you could relate to. The circus came and they never smiled except when they were on stage. when one of kids commented, the performer said, we are eastern european smiles do not come naturally. if not forgive me. all should watch that show it is a gentle comedty.

• aprilneverends
    5 years ago

It was my favorite book when I was a kid. I read several of his, but this one was the first that got me hooked

(I even wrote a letter to Mr. Darrell. I kinda hoped he's gonna invite me to his world-famous Zoo..I was crazily into animals back then.

then the last moment I freaked out and didn't send the letter))

so..I know about the show..it's on my list..I'm just a bit hesitant-what if it's worse than a book?

The book was great, and funny as hell, and dreamy, yes.

Yeah..where I'm from, you first need to establish contact. So to say. Some situation that can be superficial but still more than just passing by.

When I visited-many years later-I smiled to everyone and folks looked at me like I'm crazy, or laughing at them, or smth. So I had to reserve myself a bit.

After a contact established though, it's different. Can get pretty cordial pretty fast. Or not. Depends.

PS the song, it's about planning to live(c)

ETA as for animals- that didn't develop into career as I dreamed back then..but craziness persists -I've so many zoological species in my house decor it's a zoo, to a degree.

some of them are a bit weird..

• havingfun
    5 years ago

there have been only a very few times in which the show matched the book. i have a rule, if i read the book, i do not watch the show. opposite is no problem. i broke the rule with harry and found that witches are no different, they still perform far greater in book form than film.

one of the worst is argh the one with the hobbits and gandalph. there are far more beautiful and kinda romantic scenes in the books than the movies, every one has been about war, war, war.

• IdaClaire
    5 years ago

The Durrells of Corfu is an absolute delight. I've not read any of Gerald Durrells' writings, so can't compare to a book, but it seems to me that the casting is absolute perfection, and the cinematography is wonderful. I was sorry that last night was the season finale, because I've come to look SO forward to Sunday evening and "my" Durrells. I'm not one to easily get emotional watching a TV series, but the last scene between Louisa and Spiro just about had me sobbing.

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I also enjoyed the Durrells of Corfu...But, watching it with a motherly eye, I had a big problem with her rotten, self-centered kids. :-/

LOVED the setting...oh how I would have adored living there....

• jojoco
    5 years ago

Perhaps "My Brilliant Friend" might be another exception to the read-book-won't-watch-movie rule? Premiered last night on HBO and is exceptional. Gritty, but exceptional.

• IdaClaire
    5 years ago

Penny, that's funny - I have a completely different take on the kids. I see them still finding their way, trying on for size to see what fits, and in that way they seem so very NORMAL to me. I have seen evidence (particularly in recent episodes) of their sensitive sides, undoubtedly nurtured into existence by Louisa herself. In my experience, that's so often how it really happens ... The kids may act out in certain ways, usually for a season, but they always come back to the heart of who and what they are eventually. I think we're seeing that in the Durrell children.

• havingfun
    5 years ago

i agree ida. the children are somewhat spoiled, especially when they are so poor. but, I believe they are raized like forever on vacation. allowed to explore and be rediculous and never have to worry about school. for all that they seem to turning out fine. we just finished the most recent season i know of. they finished with the circus coming to town. I have not read any of the books on this one. i am not sure i was clear on that. but i love the colors and the vividness. if i were healthy we would be living there or somewhere like that. though a little colder.

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

We've been thinking of you, havingfun. You're in my thoughts daily :) Keep the positive thinking and don't let any negativity in there, okay?

I know how hard it is, but do try to do what makes you smile...No matter how small.

And don't forget to ask for help.

• salonva
    5 years ago

sooo lovely to hear your update! Keep up the good sruff- we are all pulling for you. Sweet!!!

• Karen S.G
    5 years ago
    Havingfun, you are truly an enjoyable contributor on here, your suggestions and design offerings (pillows!) always made me smile. You encouraged "out of our box" thinking.....Colors ! Animals ! Nature ! Find what feels good ! Have fun outta that box !

I wish I had a minuscule amount of your kindness and personality.

You have become my far-away friend, now you are also my hero in your manner and strength.

I send you warm thoughts, I hope you heal.

Speaking for the Houzz community we have your back, we need you cuz we are selfish...you bring us sunshine.
  • Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real
    5 years ago

I am so happy to hear things are looking better, having fun! I will hold you in my prayers for healing and strength, You are such a generous contributor to the forum. I hope you have people near you who are half as kind as you are. Sending you my warmest wishes for the holiday season.

• roarah
    5 years ago

Thinking about you havingfun!

• Karen S.G
    5 years ago
    Hi Havingfun

Just thinking about ya.....
  • eli
    5 years ago

havingfun, happened to come across this, had no clue you were not feeling so good.... sending many many good thoughts your way! I deal with a stupid chronic condition and being sick is no fun at all. Get well soon!!!!

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Still on my mind havingfun...hope you're hanging in there and that all these good thoughts are bringing a smile :)

• havingfun
    5 years ago

ok, almos tdone with my second? round of pneumonia. ok, don't think i am ready to come back yet. but i don't want any upsets yet on my part. hope every one is having a wonderful time! Love you all, I will hopefully be back soon.

5 years ago

Thank you so much for checking in! You are so sweet to think of us, despite being unwell. Sending you prayers and good wishes for full recovery.

• User
    5 years ago

Thanks for the update! Still sending get well prayers your way, take care of yourself

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

We miss you havingfun! It's just not the same here without you...

Struggling a minor bit myself, but it cheers me to see a post from you :)

• IdaClaire
    5 years ago

Wishing you well!

• nutsaboutplants
    5 years ago

Take good care. Glad to see the update.

• tartanmeup
    5 years ago

Second round of pneumonia!? Holy mackerel. Continue to take good care.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    5 years ago

Get well soon!

• lascatx
    5 years ago

Groundhog says early spring? Hope you are healthy and enjoying it soon.

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Just checking up on you havingfun....hope you continue to improve...

• Faron79
    5 years ago

Hey there Fun!!!!! Love being sent your way, from SNOWY Fargo ND!

• Karen S.G
    5 years ago
    Think of ya lots.
  • Sueb20
    5 years ago

See “April’s finds” latest post...

• aprilneverends
    5 years ago

thank you Sue..I was at loss as to how and where to write it..

• Sueb20
    5 years ago

I understand. I felt the need to go back through some of her posts after hearing the news, and found this one.

5 years ago

I am so sorry to hear this news. Thank you for letting us know, april. How horrible for her husband.

• salonva
    5 years ago

So very saddened.

• Karen S.G
    5 years ago
    I cannot locate "April's finds" posts or user name, can someone direct me to, provide a link, something ?

plz plz
  • havingfun
    5 years ago

Sorry to tell you but I felt the need to inform you, havingfun has enjoyed this site for years,this was her social life,because she was limited of going outside because of the medical issues she had. Sorry to inform you on 4/13/2019 @ 10pm havingfun passed away.
    R.I.P.
    Havingfun's Husband

• gsciencechick
    5 years ago

I am so sorry to hear this. My sympathy to everyone.

• robo (z6a)
    5 years ago

I’m so sorry for your loss.

• tartanmeup
    5 years ago

My sincere condolences, Havingfun's Husband. Your wife lived up to her screen name around here and will be missed by many. After learning of havingfun's passing, pennydesign started this dedicated thread.

• yeonassky
    5 years ago

Again so sorry for your loss havingfun's husband. She is missed.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    5 years ago

It is very kind of you to post here to update us. I am so sorry for your loss.

5 years ago

Please accept my most sincere condolences, Havingfun's dear husband. Your wife brought kindness and great advice to us here. We miss her,

• l pinkmountain
    5 years ago

Thank you for letting us know Havingfun's Husband!! I'm sure you are not having fun right now. I share your loss, your wife was such a wonderful person and she will be missed by me. Her posts were some of the best as far as her writing style, you could tell she lived up to her name with joie de vive! I am SO SORRY for your loss! She was loved.

• Karen S.G
    5 years ago
    Thank you Havingfun Husband for advising our community.

She was so loved, her posts were helpful, happy, and inspiring.

She was my faraway friend, I always looked forward to her posts.

We had communicated via private messages about life, family, and physical issues and challenges. But she always lifted me up with her words and insight.

I envision her propped up on her colorful lively pillows, resting in peace.

My sincere condolences for your loss.
  • maire_cate
    5 years ago

How thoughtful of you to take the time to let us know about Having Fun. She will be missed and I am sorry for your loss.

• dedtired
    5 years ago

I’m so sorry to hear about Having Fun’s passing. I had no idea that she was unable to get out and it’s good to know that our little virtual family brought her some pleasure. Thank you for getting in touch. She will be fondly remembered.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm