SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kyra_harris_schulz

SOS: HELP ME PICK THE COUNTERTOP!

Kyra Harris
5 years ago

Hi everyone! I am in a complete pickle. My husband and I bought a 1960s side-split with a kitchen that was not salvageable. We put in Grimslov Off-White Cabinets from IKEA. We picked up a very neat grey floor tile on big sale at a tiling store and then fell in love with some marble hexagon tile I fell in love with for the backsplash. Now we CANNOT find a countertop to make everything work. Anything patterned seems to just make everything too busy, and trying to find a light gray, minimally patterned quartz has proven quite challenging.

So far we've considered:

- Caesarstone Cosmopolitan White - the tone really works, but the veining seems like too much

- Hanstone Metropolitan - a bit darker than our liking

- Caesarstone Bianco Drift - would be perfect if we could just get rid of the brown veining

- Wilsonart Duomo - lovely color, a bit busy, reads a touch purple in our lighting

- Wilsonart Niwa - looks a bit like raindrops?

- Cambria Newport - we love it but it is really quite white and it costs $1000 more than the others

- Corian Marble Mist - unable to get from the distributor due to the company changing locations of their manufacturer

Right now the closest in the running is Hanstone Metropolitan or Cambria Newport (labelled 1 and 2 respectively in the photos below). We have not been to a show room with MSI or LG. We have seen Silestone but were a bit worried about it's quality considering the samples we saw in the showroom were already marked up. We live in Canada if that matters for color selection/companies.

We would love any opinions or suggestions!

PS - a bit about our aesthetic: we generally love all things white and light gray. I have an antique cookie jar collection that will find a home in our kitchen. Our taste is an eclectic mix between modern and vintage.

Comments (27)