SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alehlic

Curb appeal: Paint colors and landscaping

Megan
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi all,

We've been slowly making updates to a home we purchased last year and I am now moving on to the front of the home and struggling with decisions. Technically our home is historic, even though it doesn't look like it at the moment, so we can't do too much that effects the structure of the facade. However, there were obviously changes made prior to us like the rod iron gate and stonework etc that were not there originally that we can choose to remove or change. Here are the things I'm struggling with.

Paint colors, I'm really not a fan of all the brown. I was thinking it might work to do a very light light grey or even a lighter beige that maybe still works with the existing brown stacked stone? Or should I whitewash all the stone? I also hate the rod iron gate with the columns, it's not like anything in the neighborhood (craftsmen and bungalow homes) so I want to get rid of it, however it has been a hot topic debate in the household ;) So I would love thoughts.

Would love to hear any ideas on landscaping, paint colors, ways to make the stone work etc. I tried to photoshop just something for color reference. Also want to do drought tolerant landscaping since we are in California.

Really appreciate any thoughts!

- Megan

Comments (12)