SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jyl_gw

Home Delivery Groceries

John Liu
5 years ago

You'll remember, or maybe not, the first e-commerce grocery delivery company, Webvan from the dot-com boom days (version 1) in 1999-2000. Now there are various grocery delivery services, in major cities anyway, and many think Amazon bought Whole Foods with this in mind.

There's also some new delivery services focused on farm to table, and at least one that wants to reduce food waste by delivering produce that farmers can't sell to grocery stores because it is too small/large blemished, or simply in oversupply.

This last is called "Imperfect Produce" and I've been using it for most of a year now. The end result is we eat more vegetables than before, don't go to the grocery store as much, never run out of staples like onions, and spend about $18/week on veg + fruit. In the other hand, our vegetables are sometimes not conventionally perfect. Not unattractive, just have some characterful beauty. Like if carrots bought at Whole Foods are Audrey Hepburn, carrots through Imperfect Produce are Barbara Streisand. Or Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga. Jane Fonda and Lilly Tomlin. I'll stop before I offend everyone.

Curious if anyone is using grocery delivery services? Your experience?

Comments (33)