SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hannah_richter7932200

Tiny living room arrangement help, please!

Hannah Richter
5 years ago

Our house is very small and a very odd set-up! When you walk in the front door you, you enter into a 11.5x35ft room that is the dining room and living room combo, and literally half of the house. The front door is located on an 11.5 ft wall, and directly to the right is a galley kitchen (up two stairs), and straight ahead is the dining room set to the right side of the room, and then the back of the great room, approximately 11.5x16sq ft is our living. The living room has a sliding glass door that goes outside, and it has two large windows. We have had our TV mounted on the back wall, but I became very tired of having the whole room framed around the TV. Not only that, our floors are dark plank wood floors, and our couches are about the same color (we moved in with these couches and haven't replaced them, they weren't picked for this house.) I really want to spruce up our living room and I'd like it to be lighter and brighter! There are no other rooms to put the TV in. Does anyone have suggestions on things to do to this room to make it feel brighter, open to other furniture arrangements, painting, replacing couches, and the whole nine yards! Please help!

My thoughts: a white shiplap accent wall on the end of the room, tv mounted where it currently is (pictures will be removed behind it, we just moved this around tonight to see how it looked), new media console under TV, light gray sectional to replace dark brown couches?

Let me know what you think!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm