SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_861729749

New Home, Blank Canvas

Allen
5 years ago

My wife and I just moved into a new home. We have a Den that we haven't filled in yet, but plan to use as our TV watching area. There's no windows around it, so no natural lighting, and the ceiling light is rather bland.

We have a sofa and ottoman coming. It'll look like this but smaller:

You can see where we taped out the space to check for fit and where we might put it. We're planning on putting the TV on the right wall above the media cabinet when we get the sofa. Get an area rug to help tie the room together, repaint the walls so they aren't gray and put up some art to help liven up the place. We might move a small office desk out here depending on how cramped the second bedroom feels with an actual bed, but that might just make this space feel more cramped. It's not a big space, and we're already concerned that the TV and couch are going to make it feel cramped.

Right now though, the space is more or less open to how we want to arrange and decorate, and we're not really inspired by what we've come up with. Long term, I'd like to redo a bunch of the lighting in the place, replace the sconces that are covering the ceiling of this place with recessed directional lighting that helps draw your eyes to anything we put up on the walls.

Would love any and all ideas about what to do with the space. Thanks!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm