SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_12303699

Help: what color/style backsplash with odd granite and cabinet color?

User
5 years ago

My kitchen is a hot mess, and since I can't renovate now I am planning to do a quick fix of replacing the backsplash, which is currently pewter metal sheets that clash with everything and are peeling off the wall. Below the metal sheets is a strange row of ivory matte tiles that I also plan to remove. I would like to replace it all with a simple tile, but the challenge is choosing a color/tile style that will coordinate with: (1) the granite (which I believe is Santa Cecilia with brown, white, and gray tones); and (2) the very light wood cabinets (if anyone can name the color of the cabinets I will be so grateful!); but (3) without clashing terribly with the floor.

I am stuck as to what color the backsplash should be to coordinate with the granite and cabinets. There's also the unfortunate situation of the floors, which are multi-colored tiles (gray, purple, red, blue) that are...unusual (very strange choice for a kitchen, I know. Blame it on the house flipper! I'd love to replace, but not an option right now).

So the space is already pretty busy, and I need a backsplash that doesn't clash or compete, and can kind of gently pull things together. I was thinking something in the ivory/cream/greige family could work, but I'm open to any and all suggestions. I am not necessarily opposed to creating a wall of similar-toned beigey colors, but I don't want to go too monochromatic. I would find it especially helpful to see pictures of nice backsplashes that work in similar contexts (similar granite/cabinet color) to help visualize. Thanks!!

Comments (25)