SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweet_home_gw

Help Please!!! Dark color granite backsplash

sweet_home
14 years ago

We are remodeling our kitchen and DH wants a full granite backsplash, the color being the same as the countertop. I do agree with him because with our cooking we have had issues with the tile grout. The main concern I have is the color of the countertop and backsplash. I am ok with having a granite backsplash as long as the color is lighter. Having said that I do prefer a darker color countertop(Cafe De Amazonia with is a combination of many brown and black spots) to go with our maple cabinets with toffee glaze. I can try to convince DH to go with a lighter color tile backsplash but this is one of the very few things he is particular about, so I would like to take his choice into consideration. If we choose a lighter color backsplash we most prob would go with Giallo Renoir/Giallo Veneziano. Would these look nice if we use them for both the countertop and backsplash with the cabinets we have ordered? Would it look ok if we use Cafe De Amazonia for both the countertop and full backsplash?

Would really appreciate if folks can give feedback about the backsplash as that's what is bothering me the most.

Comments (10)