SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robinlmorris

Shower Glass protection: ShowerGuard, Invisible Shield, or Other?

Robin Morris
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I tried to post this yesterday, but it isn't showing up, so trying again:

The time has come to pick out the shower glass for our two new showers. Based on some old threads I asked the glass guy about Shower Guard glass (to save on cleaning). He said that he hasn't installed Shower Guard for years because it is old tech and that the low iron Shower Guard glass (Ultra) is still greenish. He recommends Starphire glass with Clean X's Invisible Shield. He said that if I clean regularly with their cleaner, it reapplies the sealer and won't get spots. I also have read about Diamond Fusion and even Rain X for doing the same thing as Invisible Shield, but don't know which is best.

What is everyone using lately? How is it working?

If I go with a product like Invisible Shield, should I pay the glass guy to put the coating on professionally or just do it myself?

Btw, I am always running late in the mornings (often running for a train that does not wait), so there is absolutely no way I will squeegee or dry my shower everyday (also squeegees are ugly, so not keeping one in the shower), so just looking for the product that works the best to keep it clean the longest. I am pretty sure our water is soft, so that makes it easier.

Thanks!

Comments (35)