SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whirlwindgirl

Does it matter which shower glass protectant?

We are mid-remodel and my GC asked if I can be here next Tuesday to choose my shower glass. The glass is a concession to dh. I wanted to use a shower curtain. And then I wanted to have a tiled pony wall with glass just partway. But that was more $$$ and dh really wanted that glass, even though I am concerned about keeping it looking decent. So we are getting it. But I'm the bathroom cleaner. And this bathroom will be the kids' bathroom as well as the bathroom any visitors to the house use (small house, no powder room). And I know that the kids are not going to squeegee well and regularly.

So I want the best possible protection against spotting. At least we do not have hard water.

Despite having said that I wanted the showerguard glass, I think the glass place my GC is planning to use doesn't have it. (I'm not positive but when I mentioned it again my GC didn't know and when I searched the showerguard website I didn't see a retailer that sounds like the name he mentioned).

So, after that long story, how important is it that I get showerguard? Are there other options that are just as good? I'm trying to decide if I should insist that we find out what this seller has before meeting with them--I don't went to waste anyone's time if I'm not willing to accept their options.

Thanks!

Comments (25)