SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alainaplants

Monstera standleyana leaves curled tight and yellowing

Alaina
5 years ago

I bought this Monstera standleyana off of FB Marketplace about a month ago. There were 2 cuttings in one pot, with a pole for climbing. The whole plant looked healthy.

Whole plant:

There was a heat wave right after I purchased it and soon after I saw that the 2nd cutting (which is the one wrapped around the pole), had its leaves curling up. Not sure if it was related to the heat wave or not, but it happened at around the same time.

The first cutting is clearly doing really well. There's even a new leaf coming out. But the second one continues to deteriorate:

I had repotted the entire plant a couple weeks ago with a mix of soil, orchid mix, and perlite. The old soil had been really compacted. Since then, the first cutting has continued doing well, but the second hasn't improved. Just a couple of days ago, I pulled its roots out from the soil and stuck it inside a little cup of water (seen above). The plant's stem was kind of lifting out of the soil anyway.

Any idea on what's going on? I would hate to lose the second cutting and I'd love to nurse it back to health...I just can't understand what's going wrong!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor