SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessica_garcia51

Need help with house design!!

Jessica Garcia
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We are planning a house, but by the time I decide on a floor plan, I may be too old to enjoy it! Just the two of us, maybe a kid in the future, maybe not.

Have a 3 acre sloping toward front wooded lot, house will be facing north/ north east.

Want a vaulted great room, sun room, screened in porch, front porch, fireplace, mudroom/laundry room, walk pantry, etc. Maybe a basement/maybe not.

Thinking of great room facing east by itself, so that I don't have to cover the windows (we are in the country and no one should be on that side of the house). We are working with someone on plans and i have GOT to finalize them to get the show on the road..the plan is about 2200 square feet with one master bedroom on ground floor, then one extra bedroom/bath upstairs. I want an open layout but don't want the TV and kitchen together (if you know what I mean). I want a sunroom and screened in porch. kitchen in the back. the great room will be vaulted, and is currently about 28 by 28 (I can't remember the exact dimensions, but I'm scared it is too large). we are finalizing our plans and I'm freaking out, thinking I need to make major changes.... I just didn't think the great room in the middle of the house (vault north to south would be good so I put it on the side...Obviously, i need some input.. please.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!