SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pkme33

Update + Input Request

p k
5 years ago

Hi again everyone--

It has been over a year, but I am FINALLY posting an update to the guest room, and I'd like your input.

In my original posting, I asked for input on curtains.

[HERE[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/need-help-with-bedroom-window-treatments-please-dsvw-vd~4891842) is a link to the original post with pictures.

I have now finished the burlap curtains and bedskirt, and I am happy with the results. (Please ignore the need for some re-pressing in the photos.)

I'm posting new pics, and I'd like some input on making pillow shams. The large white pillows on the bed are Euro pillows, for which I plan to make shams. My question is this:

I feel like perhaps I need a pattern to break up the solid colors. I'm not sure I really want to introduce another color into the room, although there is a little bit of black that I could pick up. What do you all think? Also, you can't see the rest of the room, but it's small and fairly traditional. There's an antique chest of drawers beside the closet door that is to the left of the radiator, and opposite the radiator is a small antique desk & chair. Both of the antique pieces are a medium oak.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Thanks!

~pk

Comments (5)