SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fawnridge69

Food in Paris - Okay, we came for the art

fawnridge (Ricky)
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Most of the time I travel to eat. Not Paris, though. You would think that a foody would drool over the opportunity to eat in Paris. Sorry to disappoint you, but fancy food is not my forte' nor are rich, buttery concoctions that require a younger, less tortured digestive system.

That having been said, we didn't starve.

Art pictures and more from this link!

The first three pictures are our first meal in Paris - for me a pair of pork steaks that were overcooked served with the best scalloped potatoes I'd ever eaten. Suzi had a Caesar salad with overcooked chicken. The dessert arrived at the same time as the Colorado cookie I'd eaten after checking into the hotel. It probably wasn't as good as I thought it was, but it was CHOCOLATE!

The next shot is a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice, the eighth since we've left home and the best orange juice I've had despite 19 years in Florida.

The last picture is me with a McDonald's chocolate milk shake or frappe, as it's called in Paris. Best damn milk shake you'll ever drink and the Mikie D's is less than 50 yards from the famous Arch D'Triomphe! This was my third trip to Paris and probably my tenth milk shake at that McDonald's. It's the only time in my life that I've ever willingly gone into one. If you have at least a two-hour layover in Paris, take a cab and get one.

Click for more photos, not food.

Comments (9)