SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

sprouted kidney beans, plus cucumbers from farmers' market

Lars
5 years ago

This morning I bought some sprouted kidney beans at the farmers' market, and I'm not sure how I should cook them. I'll probably cook them in the pressure cooker, but the PC has no directions for cooking sprouted beans. Should I cook them the same as if they had been soaked but not sprouted? I'll probably add onion to it, but I'm low on garlic, and so I won't add that unless I go to the store again today.

I also bought some pickling cucumbers, and I'm going to ferment them right away, but I have no dill in my yard, although I do have dill seed. Will that be enough, or should I go to the store and buy some fresh dill? I should have looked for that at the FM, but I didn't think of it. However, it is out of season here, and so I doubt I would have found it here. I think I may try it with just the seeds, as those are easier to keep. I only have 1-1/2 heads of garlic, and so I hope that will be enough - I bought nine cucumbers. I think I can fit three to a jar, and then stuff the rest of the jar with onion, carrot, daikon, etc. If I use daikon, it will be in only one jar. However, the last daikon I bought has a very good mild flavor, and some that I have bought are too strong.

We also bought plucots, lettuce, avocados, green beans, heirloom tomato (only one), red and yellow bell peppers, and some chocolate Habanero chilies, which I was happy to find, as they are fairly rare, and my plant (I only have one this year) has not yet made fruit, although it does have plenty of flowers and some tiny chilies are starting to form. Anyway, I am almost out of the last batch of hot sauce that I made, and so we will grill the chilies for the sauce. Now that I think about it, I need to get more garlic for the hot sauce, and so I may as well buy some fresh dill as well. I was hoping not to have to do any more shopping today.

I do need help with the sprouted kidney beans, however. I've never cooked them before, and the vendor told me to keep them in the refrigerator.

Comments (8)