New little kitchen gadget.
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (16)
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Discussions
new nominee for most superfluous compost gadget
Comments (21)joepyeweed - Actually, that was me. I was NOT PROMOTING the item, I was simply asking if anyone had one and how they liked it before I bought one. And, everyone complained and attacked me. Since I actually DO have one of these - not the pro model - I thought I should comment on the nasty thread you have going here bashing the people who buy them. First of all, the only way it smells is if you fill it with wet stuff and then don't add any browns to it (I use sawdust pellets from Agway for my browns), as with a normal compost pile. Also, I have never once had the unit leak, but I did have it get stuck once in a while when I piled in too many coffee filters or pea pods at the beginning. Granted, there are some things that you can't put in it (such as corn cobs) but it works well for me. Since I have raccoons that love to rip apart my compost pile if I have foodstuffs in it outside I decided to either get a NatureMill composter or stop composting completely. I figured indoor composting was better than no composting. And, before you say it, I looked into worms and they were so not for me. So, before you judge and make nasty comments, you may want to think about how everyone is different and that there is not just one way to make compost. Not everyone can or should be the same in the way they garden, and if this is right for some people so be it. And before someone makes another rude comment about me "promoting" the product, let me repeat that I don't work for the manufacturer, I don't know anyone who does, I don't get a commission from them, I am completely uninvolved with them. I just found out about the product and really liked it and it works for me. Silly me for asking people about it and telling them my experiences with it. I thought this was a forum to exchange ideas, but I guess only if they're the "right" ideas....See MoreOld Fashioned Way or...New Gadgets?
Comments (40)A couple of comments are in order here: First, I think my concept of a "pressure cooker" needs to be updated. I guess I was recalling the "pressure CANNER" that was my total experience with pressure pans of any sort, until I got a long handled pressure pan as a wedding present way back in 1958. And the TIMELY MANOR....what a great name for a house! You caught it yourself, MamaGoose, and then you tracked it down in that other naming thread. It is a truly inspired name. With hints of British humor, much like Fawlty Arms. It could be a TV series. Also, because of THIS THREAD, I cruised by the small appliances in my trip to the WalMart pharmacy yesterday. I saw the KitchenAid mixer, sitting there in all its glory. Everything else cost under a hundred bucks, but the KA cost $199.99 so they are still proud of it. Any thoughts I had of buying it must wait until I get the kitchen done. I sure did like the looks of the stainless bowl and the heavy duty blades. It is a design which has endured. I also looked at other small appliances. You know, they make so many different shapes in SLOW COOKERS....what I used to call the CROCK POT is actually a BRAND NAME, like saying I want a COKE when I want a SODA POP. I have a "slow cooker" now which can bake cornbread or otherwise act as a tiny lidded oven. It really can get confusing if what you want to do is take all day to cook something and avoid burning it. Some things should not multitask, they should stay the same!...See MoreWhat are your favorite kitchen gadgets for under $30?
Comments (65)This is an interesting thread. My favorite kitchens items are large Pyrex measuring cups (4 and 8 cup size)to use as mixing bowels---you have a handle to steady them. Next is the APPLE CORER that cuts the apple into 8 wedges and the center core is separate. These can be bought at the grocery store or Target. Next is a flexible little nozzle you screw onto the end of your kitchen faucet. You can turn it in many angles to direct the water to different areas of your sink. Much handier than pulling out the sprayer. I don't know where my daughter bought it. HD bought one of those onion choppers but the many little square holes are hard to clean. The onion sticks to it--takes longer to clean than to chop the old fashion way....See MoreA New Gadget for Recipes and Website
Comments (1)I store a lot of recipes on the computer, but when it comes to cooking, It goes on paper, and usually hand-written. If it's a keeper it goes into a keeper file. I've thought about a computer in the kitchen but not now. Possibly if I move to a new place....See More- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Stories

KITCHEN APPLIANCESConsidering a New Kitchen Gadget? Read This First
Save money, time and space by learning to separate the helpers from the hassles
Full Story
HOME TECHCook Smarter With New Wi-Fi Kitchen Gadgets
Whip up meals with high-tech help, thanks to a phone-connected oven and teakettle, plus a web-surfing cutting board
Full Story
BEFORE AND AFTERSKitchen of the Week: Bungalow Kitchen’s Historic Charm Preserved
A new design adds function and modern conveniences and fits right in with the home’s period style
Full Story
LIFEYou Said It: ‘Give the Kitchen a Little Wake-Up Call’ and More
Design advice, inspiration and observations that struck a chord this week
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN4 Kitchen Design Decisions to Spend a Little Extra Time On
These clever ideas from the week’s coverage show how a minor selection can have a major payoff
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Whip Up a 'Little Paris Kitchen' of Your Own
Get a kitchen that's big on flavor and short on excess, with accessories and tools inspired by the BBC show and cookbook
Full Story
HOME TECHBuild a Smarter Kitchen Now With Gadgets You Already Own
Technology can improve your kitchen's efficiency for next to nothing — just look to your old phone or tablet
Full Story

KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen of the Week: High Function and a Little Secret in Missouri
There’s plenty of room for cooking and a hidden feature too in this flexible, family-friendly kitchen
Full Story
SMALL KITCHENS10 Things You Didn’t Think Would Fit in Your Little Kitchen
Don’t let a small cooking area cramp your style. Instead, consider these ideas to make the most of your kitchen
Full Story
desertsteph