SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

New ideas for appliances, gadgets and finishes?

lavender_lass
12 years ago

I've noticed on some other posts, that many have mentioned some new (or maybe not so new) ideas for kitchen appliances, gadgets, finishes, etc. that make a lot of sense, but are not really mainstream. Some of the ideas are very interesting and I think could really contribute to a wonderful and functional kitchen.

So, what would you like to see in a kitchen? How would it work? Do you see this in european and/or modern kitchens, but not in the mainstream? Does it make more sense, but for whatever reason, the public/advertisers, etc. have failed to adopt it?

Just to be clear, opinions are welcome, but this post is specifically asking for the new, the unusual and most definitely 'out of the box' thinking about kitchens. Please don't dismiss someone's idea or say it won't work. I'm not saying we should incorporate every idea, but I would like to see what ideas are out there.

I do like french country style kitchens, but mainly I like the fireplace, the big table and chairs, the feeling of family and home that a space like this exudes. That does NOT mean I want to cook all my meals in said fireplace, go to the well (which I have) to pump all my water or do my laundry down at the creek! Technology, gadgets, appliances make life much eaiser, so please, let's be tolerant of all ideas, innovations and suggestions :)

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!