SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joenlizhouse

Miele Duel Fuel 48" vs Lacanche

joenlizhouse
5 years ago

We are in process of remodel and am looking at a new range. I have had Lacanche and Viking in previous homes, both seem fine but I am not a fan of stainless steel, which makes my choices a bit slimmer. Not a fan of the enamel look of Viking, Blue Star is ok, but the open burners are a bit much for me, so I was leaning towards another Lacanche purchase. BUT then I found a great deal on a Miele 48" duel fuel display unit, and although stainless steel it looks less 'industrial', so I thought 'perfect'. I decided to research and read reviews and after reading other reviews found that tere appears to be an issue (at least early on) about the burners and microwave (with speed cook oven) issues. Based on the date of the reviews I believe these are the first version of this range which I hope would be fixed, but still a bit nervous. I asked a lot of questions of the sales person, who was amazing in responding to each and every question... then I asked if the range would qualify for me to purchase the extended warranty from Miele? The range has never been turned on, with exception of 'demo' mode - however based on the serial number it is 2 years old. He was unsure so contacted his rep, who then went up the management chain - bottom line, they said since its 2 years old it is not eligible for the extended warranty - even though it has never been turned on.

If anyone has a Miele 48" duel fuel, that is 2 years old, I would love to hear from you. What is your experience with this range? Any input on this would be helpful....

Thanks everyone

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz